Form 26AS Password is required to unlock it.
Form 26AS is a document which contains details related to tax deducted, collected and submitted.
In simple words all the details of tax of person are contained in the Form 26AS.
Form 26AS are separate for each year and person.
For example Mr. Raman can download his Form 26AS for year 2013-14 or 2014-15 or for any year. He can download his Form 26AS from income tax website by login.
Form 26AS Password
The password for opening Form 26AS is taxpayer’s Date of Birth (in DDMMYYYY format),
For Example : if the date of birth of taxpayer is 01-Feb-1980, password will be 01021980.
Contents of Form 26AS
Form 26AS contains the following information partwise:
- Part A & A1
Details of tax deducted for taxpayer by deductors –
- Part B
Details of tax collected for taxpayer by collectors –
- Part C
Advance Tax / Self-Assessment Tax / Regular Assessment Tax, etc. deposited by the taxpayer.
- Part D
Details of paid refund received during the financial year –
- Part E
Details of high value transactions in respect of shares, mutual funds, etc. –
How to download form 26AS ?
Form 26AS can be viewed / downloaded in three ways:
- On TRACES
- Tax Payers can register on TRACES (TDS website) and login to their account to view Form 26AS. Click here to know more on how you can register on TRACES.
- From Income Tax return filing website –
- Tax Payers registered with income tax website and after login can view the Form 26AS by clicking on ‘View Form 26AS’ under ‘My Account’ or ‘Quick Link’.
- From banking website through net banking facility
- Some authorized banks provide the facility to view your Form 26as. You need to login to your bank account.
Hope you have got your Form 26AS Password, if you still feel any difficulty regarding Form 26AS Password, ask through comments.