To make life easy and comfortable an Accountant needs best software. Accounting has completely changed in past ten years and with the introduction of IFRS, it is going to be more complex. To keep things simple we need the best resources. For accounting we have various software to rely on. And of course, tally is best for medium level enterprises.
But what if we are a consultant? Then we need to have software for TDS, filing Income tax return, Service tax return, ESI, PF, MCA forms etc.
Although the Government provides software for each of the above mentioned services and that is free of cost. Still we prefer to use third party software and the reasons are the demerits of these government provided software, like :-
- -Not compatible with all software. That means you can not run them on all windows, browsers etc.
- -Govt. use old technology which is irritating.
- -The customer care services/support of Govt. is pathetic. Some times they do not pick phone.
- -They are not user friendly software. You need to struggle hard to understand them.
There are various other reasons to use the third party softwares. Some of these are as follows:
- -best customer support
- -User friendly softwares
- -Use of latest technology
- -Automatic update
- -Automatic data backup
And the best reason which I like most is, they help to keep a great database. All the data remains in one place and it is readily available.
Income tax Filing and service tax filing software
All the software available for this category are same. you may use directly the government provided utilities and can use excel for computation of tax. The only advantage of using third party software is database creation. It creates ready to use data for next year.
TDS return filing software
There are number of software for this category. You may find a long list of software available in TRACES website Click Here https://www.tin-nsdl.com/etds-etcs/eTDSswProviders-etds.php
A common man get confused after reading such a long list. We are discussing here some of the popular and most useful TDS return filing software.
Saral TDS Software (http://www.saraltds.com)
- Regular Statements (Quarterly TDS Returns)
- Correction Statements/Returns
- TDS Certificates
- Excel Import/Export
- FVU/Text Import
- TDS Rate Check
- TDS Threshold Check
- Identification of Error in TDS returns.
- PAN Verification
- Challan Verification
- OLTAS Challan List
- Auto Challan Information File Download
- In Built Java FVU(NSDL)
- Relyon FVU
- Verification of Challan linking
- Auto Challan Linking
- Tax Estimation for Salaries
- Detailed MIS Reports
- Create New File from Existing
- Backup and Restore
- E-Return History
- TAN based File Management
- Excluding Invalid PAN deductions for TDS returns
- Tin Facilitation Center List
- Bank Braches List for BSR Codes
- Supports unlimited deductors / companies, deductees, employees
- Preparation of eTDS&eTCS returns for Forms 24Q, 26Q, 27Q, 27EQ
- Auto-generation of Form 16, 16A, 27A, 27B, 27D
- Printing of TDS, TCS certificates – 16, 16A, 27D
- Multi user option available (at an additional cost)
- Pan verification
- Fully Integrated with TRACES (download of TDS file, Form 16A, Form 16 – Part A, Defaults report, Viewing of TDS/TCS credit etc…).
- Automatic population of data for TRACES requests.
- Option to print Form 16 – Part B only.
- Auto calculation of TDS, TCS
- One key stroke preparation of NIL returns
- Option to automatically download CSI file
- Preparation of correction returns
- Interface for online requests to TIN
- Single interface for most correction types
- Colour highlighting in correction return for easy identification
- To simplify your corrections, software retains the original values for later reference
- In-built utility for Import / Export of data from MS-Excel
- Option of importing / retrieving data from Consolidated files
- Data import facility from previous TDSMAN versions
- Data backup and restore facility
- Automatic data validation & FVU generation in just one click with the integrated File Validation Utility (FVU)
- Convenient & systematic data entry with user-friendly interfaces
- Facility to auto update the software
- Generation & printing of various types of customized utility reports
- Report generation in PDF, Word and Excel formats
- The software covers current financial year and previous financial years since commencement of quarterly eTDS&eTCS returns
- Auto selection of the FVU with respect to the financial year selected
- Instant display of the file validation errors at the same location
- Software is provided with User Manual, Video Demo for easy understanding
- Information update on emails
- Prepare eTDS & eTCS Return for unlimited clients
- Generation of Electronic & Paper TDS & TCS Return
- Simple Data entry modules for
- Auto Generation of :- E-TDS FVU file & form 27A
- TDS Certificates (16,16A,27D)
- Auto data validation through integrated NSDL utility
- Instant display of the file validation errors
- Auto Interest calculation
- E- payment & Challan printing (ITNS-281) facility
SENSYS TDS SOFTWARE (http://www.sensysindia.com)
- Auto Calculation for Tax Collected at Source
- TDS Certificate Form 16, 16A
- TCS Certificate Form 27D
- Generate Challan 281
- Quarterly e-TDS Return
- Revised Returns
- Data Import from Tally & Excel
- Used for unlimited Companies
WEBTELS SOFTWARE (http://www.webtel.in)
- Form 24Q, 26Q, 27Q, 27EQ & 27A : E-Return and Paper Return.
- Correction Statements.
- Download of Consolidated FVU File for Correction Statements.
- Download/ Generate Form 16, 12BA, Quarterly 16A & 27D.
- Facility to Digitally Sign & E-Mail Form 16/16A.
- Convenient Online Tax Payment/ Physical Challan generation.
- Automatic Challan File Download and Validation from NSDL FVU.
- Facility to deposit TDS of Multiple Sections in Single Challan.
- Online Quaterly Return Status.
- Online TAN Registration at TRACES
- Interest calculation on Delayed Tax Deposit.
- Automatic Bifurcation of entries where TDS deposited in parts.
- No need to punch details of Employees & Parties Name every time.
- Import of Masters from other softwares (subject to certain conditions).
- Import of Non-salary data from text file/fvu file.
- Duplication of Non Salary Payment for repetitive enteries.
- Facility to go to next/ previous record to check and correct entries.
- Export of Various Reports to Excel for Analysis.
- TDS Reports for New Form 3CD.
- Reports relating to PAN.
- TRACES TAN Defaults Status
- Reports of Partywise & Sectionwise Monthly TDS.
- Backup and Restoration of Data.
KDK softwares (http://www.kdksoftware.com)
- Preparation and Validation of e TDS return file.
- User can Generate Forms 24Q, 27EQ, 16, 16A, 16AA, 27A, 27B, 27D, ITR1 by giving Single Input (with correction statement).
- List of All India Bank Branches Codes Available.
- Salary Calculation taking care of chapter VIA Deductions and Tax thereon.
- Facility to calculate amount of Monthly TDS to be deducted.
- Various reports viz. continuous Printing of Certificates, Deductee wise Payment (Summarized and Detailed).
- Challans wise Details, Certificate Issue Register, List of Clients not having PAN and address.
- Date can be Imported/Exported from MS-Excel Files / Text File / FVU File.
- Preparation for Lower tax deduction forms viz. 13, 15C, 15G, 15H, 15I, 15J.
- List of all India TIN FC’s.
- Text file / FVU file viewer.
- Online TAN & PAN verification.
- Online e-Payment of tax Challans through software directly, no require to fill master information.
- MIS Reports.
- Facility to prepare E-Tds/Tcs/correction in form no. 24Q, 26Q, 27Q, 27EQ, 26QA.
- Preparation of form no. 27A required to be submitted with e-Tds/Tcs return/statements.
- Automatic generation of TDS/TCS certified(s) in form no. 12BA, 16, 16AA, 27D.
- Generation of digitally signed form 16/16A.
- Preparation of TDS Challan with automatic generation of challan register, TDS certified register.
- Repeat of some Tds entries to next month.
- Preparation of TAN Application (form no.49B) and TAN modification application.
- Import of data from excel sheet.
- One time input of name, address etc. of deductee for multiple entries.
- Various types of reports useful for control.
- Included in the list of “software providers” by NSDL.
- E-payment of Challan
- TAN registration (no need to visit www.tin-nsdl.com)
- FVU request for consolidated FVU file from NSDL (no need to visit www.tin-nsdl.com)
- Update local data with NSDL FVU data
- Move or transfer of challan and entries from one quarter to another quarter
- Change invalid PAN at a glance
- Merge employee (on the basis of Employee Name or Duplicate PAN)
- Data import from FVU File
- Export employee to CompuTax
- Alerts for duplicate PAN, duplicate name or blank name
- Preparation of form 15G, 15H, 15I, and 15J.
- Hot Keys to operate buttons with key-board [without use of mouse]
Genius e-TDS Software (http://saginfotech.com)
- TDS return and Calculation of Tax can also be prepared
- Generating e-filing of Returns by a single input 24Q, 26Q, 27Q, 27EQ with proper validations.
- Correction Statement Preparation of Returns
- User can file the TDS/TCS Return online for Assessment Year 2003-04
- The preparation of Annual Return in Form 24, 26, 27, 27E, Quarterly Return in Form 24Q, 26Q, 26QA, 27Q, 27EQ and Certificates in Form 12BA, 16, 16AA, 27D and 27A, 27B can be obtained by the user.
- The TDS/TCS Certificates (Form 16, 16A, 27D) can also be generated for the Employees/Deductee in PDF Format and signed with Digital Signature (optional) along with the email facility.
- The TDS/TCS Book Adjustment Form (TBAF) can also be prepared through Challan.
- The annual taxable salary after giving effect of deduction under Chapter VI-A can be calculated.
- Request download – the download facility for all requests over the TRACES website like consolidate file, Justification Report, 16 and 16A forms, etc. (One can easily download all requests which had done on the TRACES website like consolidated file, Justification Report, 16 and 16A forms etc.)
- Software will calculate month wise salary and TDS thereon.
- It is inclusive of forms like 13, 15C, 15D, 15G, 15H, 15I, 15J in case of Lower Tax Deduction or no deduction scenario.
- Online filing of 15CA/15CB according to new Schema with both XML generation facility and direct upload.
- Calculation of Education Cess, Secondary and higher education Cess can also be made as per the TDS amount
- Facility to Import / Export data from MS-Excel Files / Text File/ FVU File is also available.
- User can generate various reports using this software with single or bulk mode like Continuous Printing of Certificates, Challan wise Details, Deductee wise Payment (Summarized and Detailed), Certificate Issue Register and List of Clients not having PAN and Address.
- Included in the list of “Software Providers”; by NSDL. ( “SAG published its excellence on 100% acceptance of TDS correction statements filed using our software Genius and Gen e-TDS during I and II Quarter of F.Y. 2012-2013”)
- The fresh PAN application and correction statements for residents and non-residents can be established through online filing.
- It can also be used to verify the Challan and for the Online e-Payment of tax Challans directly through the software.
- It comes with the bulk PAN verification facility.
- Users are facilitated for justification Report with request and download facility.
- The form 16/16A can be downloaded automatically from Traces.
- The Interest and late fee calculation can also be made automatically.
- The Software is provided with many other utilities. User can find all India PIN codes, STD Codes, ISD Codes, TAN/PAN AO Codes, List of TIN FCs, Bank Branches BSR Codes, Service Tax Ranges, MICR Codes and IFSC Codes.
- Online TDS/TCS E-return upload – User needs to register the DCS followed by uploading the TDS/TCS returns and consolidated online statement and for this they can check for the direct option available in the software.
- Online requested download @ trace login.
- We provide you the option requested download @ trace login.
- This option provides you the simple way to download all those requests you put on trace website.
- Online TDS/TCS e-return upload (TIN-NSDL): With this option, the user can sign-in as an admin or as a user and can also apply for the registration.
Most of the software listed above also provides others facilities like efiling of income tax return, service tax return, MCA form filing, CMA data report generation etc.
If you want to use most of the utilities like tds, income tax, service tax etc then you can try KDK software or Genius (saginfotech) . I personally use KDK software. I won’t say it is perfect but it is simple and easy to use.
If you are looking only for TDS point of View CompuTDS, TDSMAN & WEBTEL. Make you own choice for best TDS software. 🙂
Please comment which software you use and what you like about it. It can really help Others.