GSTR 3B online filing is easy process provided you have all the details for supply of goods/services. In this article I have explained how to file GSTR 3B online in easy steps.
Steps to file Gstr-3B return online
GSTR- 3B is simple and easy to file but just be careful where the amount is to be entered.
Step 1 – GO to GST portal (www.gst.gov.in)
Step 2 – Login with correct credentials.
Step 3 – Go to ‘Services’ > ‘Returns’ > ‘Returns Dashboard’.
This would display the below page. Select both ‘Financial Year’ & ‘Return Filing Period’ for which month & year the return is to be filed from the drop-down list. Click on ‘SEARCH’ button.
Step 4 – On ‘Monthly Return GSTR-3B’ tab, click the ‘PREPARE ONLINE’ button.
Step 5 – Answer the questions, the click on ‘NEXT’.
For ‘Nil’ return, select yes in first question.
In other cases, answer all questions as ‘Yes/No’. Accordingly, the respective tables/fields shall be available.
One or more of the following information is required to be entered in the tab while filing GSTR-3B return:
- Details of outward supplies and inward supplies liable to reverse charge with taxes will be displayed.
- Details of inter-State supplies made to unregistered persons, composition taxable persons, entered above is to be entered according to the place of supply.
- Details of eligible input tax credit can be claimed, input tax credit reversed and ineligible input tax credits, input tax on reverse charge can also be claimed in this
- Information pertaining of exempt, Nil and Non-GST inward supplies as either intra-state or inter-state supply to be entered.
- Interest and Late fee under each tax head -IGST, CGST, SGST/UTGST and Cess. The late fee is auto computed .
Step 7 – Taxpayer can click on ‘ADD’ or ‘DELETE’ to make any modifications in the respective tab. Once data is entered in tab, click ‘CONFIRM’.
Click the ‘SAVE GSTR-3B’ button at the bottom after all details are added.
Data can be saved by clicking on ‘SAVE GSTR3B’ button on the GSTR-3B main page to save the data entered at any point and later be edited for changes. A pop up is displayed on the top of the page confirming that data entered is saved.
A success pop up is displayed at the top. Once submitted, the entered data is freezed. No changes in any fields/data is made available after this.
GSRT- 3B will be changed to ‘Submitted’.