Password to open justification report?
For Example JR_AAAA11111A_24Q_Q3_2010-11
What is Justification Report ?
It is a document in which justify the error/demand of the intimation issued. It acts as a annexure to intimation. It analysis the demand/error/default raised in detail. It also provides for calculation of interest/penalty raised in the demand. The defaulter can know about his defaults calculation by this report only.
Steps to Download Justification Report?
- Login to TRACES : tdscpc.gov.in
- Enter User ID, Password and TAN of deductor
- Before initiating to request for Justification report check statement status, justification report can be initiated to download only if statement is processed with defaults, if is processed without defaults then it justification report cannot be requested
- Go to Default tab click on “Request for justification Report Download” and fill all the details related to year, quarter and form type.
- KYC will popup then enter the Token number of the original statement filed, BSR Code/Receipt number, Date , Challan serial number, Challan amount/Voucher and also PAN Number of 3 deductees along with their TDS amount (All these details are mandatory)
- Click on Proceed tab
- The authentication code appears, you can save the authentication code (In future you can avoid re entering the details of point no 5 and just enter the authentication code )
- Click on Proceed with transaction, a Request number will be generated
- After successfully submitting the above details, Justification report will be available in “Requested Download”
- Status of justification report can be checked under Request number, Date and View all
- The status can be any of the following:
Submited: This means that the request is submitted successfully and is in further processing
Available: Justification report is available and can be downloaded
Disabled: Duplicate request is being submitted
Failed : If the status is failed then the requester has to contact CPC
Not Available: If the statement was initially processed without any default then the status will appear as not available and in such case Request to download justification report cannot be made
12. Download Justification report once it is available
13. It will be downloaded in ZIP file format
14. Extract the Zip file with password
15. The password for opening ZIP file format is JR_TAN_FormType_Quarter_FY.
For eg: password will be JR_BBBB11111A_24Q_Q3_2020-21
How to convert Justification report into Excel File?
- Extracted ZIP file will be saved in TEXT format.
- Download the TRACES JUSTIFICATION REPORT GENERATION UTILITY as provided below.
- Save it and open ,an excel utility appears
- Open the TEXT file and the TEXT file will be saved in excel format
- View default details.
How to download TRACES Justification Report Generation Utility?
- Login to Traces.
- Go to download Tab.
- Then go to file requested for download
- Click on “attention deductor” to download the TRACES JUSTIFICATION REPORT GENERATION UTILITY .
Whom to contact for query related to Justification Report?
Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you have got the password to open justification report of TDS. Please comment for any query.